Wednesday 6 January 2016

Douarnenez

Red. Blue. Green. pastell colours. i think that was my first impression of Douranenez when i arrived for the first time a few months ago, in June. i remember being quite impressed by the architecture, i still am, now. everything here seems so antique. Vintage. large painting on the walls, beautiful woods and cliffs, small shops, croissants, and fine little details on the windows. i like the city. we have been here for almost a week now. i am enjoying the break from the night watches. i woke up Early two days ago though. it was still dark, although it's always dark at that hour in October. It was Giuseppe who woke me up. He was using his British accent, which doesn't really sound British at all, although it's probably more convincing than mine.  "Good morning bitches, the sun is shining, the dolphins are singing, and mermaids are performing sexual act for free on deck." #that one wake up-call that makes you realise that you have been at sea for too long!

I think we are all doing well being on land a little bit. It's just a feeling I have, sort of a sixth sense. Although every time I come back from a walk, every time I watch the ship from a distance. I get happy. As if i am returning home. and she is beautiful, she is quick. She was build for pirates it almost seems.

We loaded the barrels today. it was a really warm day, people where dancing during the break, and I think it surprised everyone how quickly the loading went. And afterwards we had a barbecue. 54 bottles of cider, we drank. I don't think there was any point during the whole night when there wasn't two or three people in line for the toilet.

I had a nice time in Douarnenez. But after two weeks, i am definitively ready for the open sea again. I will keep you updated my friend. I promise.

I wish you fair winds and following seas

No comments:

Post a Comment