Tuesday 29 December 2015

For you

Dear whoever may find this,

I truly hope that someone, any one, will find this letter and read it one day. If you read this, know that you have fulfilled one of the greatest wishes I have in this world.

My name is Victoria Hejlskov, I was born and bread in the north, and I used to as a deckhand on board the good ship Tres Hombres, the worlds only cargo sailing ship, with no engine nor propeller installed.

 As I was writing this, a couple of months ago, we were sailing in the Atlantic ocean on our way to the Caribbean, trading our French wine, with rum, coffee, and cacao beans. It was my first Atlantic crossing.

I know nothing of the future, so I cannot for sure say where I am going, I can only tell you where I have been. If you are interested, if this bottle ever find it’s way to human hands, I can tell you a story.

A lot of stories have been told before, and a lot of stories will be told soon enough, but this story still deserves to be remembered for a time. And all of those stories you have read before, are funnier, better, brighter, but not the same. No story is like this one. I will let you decide if it is worth reading.

I have made mistakes. I have lied, I have fucked up, I’ve been angry. I’ve been hurt. I have cried. I have hurt others. I have been happy. I’ve laughed, I’ve gone out on adventures, I have been in danger, and I have been afraid.

I have succeeded and I have failed. They say it’s human to fail. I say it’s even more so to give others the blame. But this story is not about giving others the blame. Not this time. This story is a journey, and I am yet to find out where and how it’s going to end.

You can join me if you want. I’ll entrust my journal to you, the finder of this bottle. Keep it. It belongs to you. We’ll take this adventure together

2 comments:

  1. Whow. my mouth falls open reading this (I am getting old :-)). What a buildup to an adventure

    ReplyDelete